Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Kingdom Calendar

I found this on another site. This mom lost her 15 year old daughter four years ago in a terrible car accident within an hour after the group left the school for their school trip.

The Pillow – Feb. 16, 2015:
As I lay my head on my pillow tonight, I’ll remember. I’ll remember this night 4 years ago when Skylar was in the adjacent bedroom, sleeping her last night in our home, on her pillow.
Although I didn’t know it at the time, but that’s the night my life started running on a different schedule. I began to embrace the ‘kingdom calendar.’
A calendar that is completely opposite of how we currently think about ‘time.’ We seem to think we run out of time. Each birthday we think we lost another year of life. We think our life is like a cooking timer – it is set and each minute it counts down until it stops. That’s not how God’s kingdom calendar works. His is like a stop watch! The timer starts when we are born and time is counting UP! It’s not running down, it’s running UP. We are running ‘toward’ a time – toward a big event … toward the time when Jesus is revealed. God’s plan is coming to a ‘completion,’ not an end because we are working toward a bigger goal. A goal that is just the beginning. “So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:18)
So until that time ‘comes’ I will continue to run forward. Running for His kingdom a special race, a race which I will continue to finish strong. Each night I will lay my head on Sky’s pillow, longing for that time to come. Until that incredible day, I will raise my head each morning, and as l wipe those momma tears, I’ll simply smile and say – Good morning Jesus, thank you for bringing me closer … one day closer!  ‪#‎4Yearscloser‬‪#‎CarryingyourlegacySky‬

No comments:

Post a Comment