Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Two Conflicting Feelings At The Same Time

Life has just been weird lately. Weird. I don’t know if I’m coming or going, laughing or crying. Happy or sad. Good or bad. 

I miss Amber. But the peace that comes with the ache is truly amazing.  There are two conflicting “feelings” going on at the same time. (Grief/Peace) These come from a mom who lost her child. This isn’t a joke. This isn’t a lie. It’s for real. And I thank God for getting me through this time.


And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.—Philippians 4:7


It has been said that when your child dies that "your closest friends become strangers and strangers become your closest friends.” 

So many people have reached out to our family, and still are! It really is quite overwhelming. I am so thankful.

I truly had an amazing weekend of “God moments”.  Soon I will share more of what the future holds. God really is doing an amazing work in me and our family.  :) But guess what? It could all change in a moment. One thing I have learned is I AM NOT IN CONTROL. So I can think I know how the next day, or the next week or the next year will play out, but I truly don’t know…..and neither do you.

Did you know we will all experience someone close to us dieing on average every 10-13 years? Think about your life and see if it isn’t true already.  We prepare for so many things, but do we truly prepare for death? It is such an awkward subject and we don’t really want to think about it. We don’t want to think about losing a loved one. Don’t we do everything we can to avoid death? We pray not to die. We pray for safety. We ask God to keep us all together and not lose anyone, including ourselves. But it is going to happen to all of us and none of us know when.

But the joyous reality is that we can go to heaven for those who love and serve God. I think about that reality more than ever. I can’t wait to see Amber again!





The day Amber got her beloved cookie monster years ago. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment